- To be aware is to be alive.
- Always be aware of your surroundings.
- Don't walk around with headphones on, you will never hear someone approaching you.
- Be cautious of wearing attire that can obstruct your vision.
- When walking, about every 6 steps or so, take a look behind you just make sure it's safe.
- If you feel that you are being followed, cross over to the other side of the street. If the person or persons cross as well, cross back over again. Prepare to defend yourself.
- Don't be routine. People that don't change their daily habits become routine and therefore become a target and an easy mark.
- Be mindful when entering and existing your home or apartment, make sure that no one can put a time on your comings and goings. This may limit possible break-in attempts.
- Always look people in the eyes so that they know you are aware of their presence.
- Don't take short cuts.
- Park in a well lit place.
- Don't go anywhere with your firearm, that you wouldn't go without it.
- Your business is your business it is not wise to broadcast your personal choice to defend yourself.
It is so important that we, the law abiding citizens make sure that we are aware of our surroundings, because the criminal elements that exist today have no respect or regards for human life.